Sunday, May 20, 2012

Friends

Do you remember way back here, me telling you about a cross stitch project that I had started as a surprise for a friend?  Well I've decided to get it back out of hibernation and for a bit of a break from crochet have started working on it again.
The reason that it was in hibernation in the first place is that the friend that it was originally meant for has dropped off the face of the earth.  In this day and age, friends get spread far and wide across the globe, so it's not easy just to drop by and check someone is ok when they are half a world away.  I really hope that she is ok, I've tried everything I can to try and contact her but so far no response.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that she will pop back up and I can still send the gift, but if not I'm sure it will get used for something.

The crochet is still progressing by the way. I have probably about 10 rounds to go before the back is finished, but as the piece grows the rounds take longer and longer to complete but hopefully it won't be too long before it's done :)

4 comments:

Jane said...

This looks very pretty, it'll make a nice change from the crochet.

Unknown said...

Love the cross stitch and I hope your friend reappears but what has happened to your C&G work - miss seeing your progress

Clare Wassermann said...

I think it looks like a sub gift....silly old friend running off - she doesn't know what she's missing!

Vi said...

Hope you find your friend. :-)

And I really think the word "unremarkable" in your blog title is not true for you.

Vi x