Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A little bit of happy.

I've had truely the most awful couple of weeks at work ever. Nothing I do seems to be right at the moment, no matter how many hours I put in or what it is that I do somehow it just doesn't seem enough for my employer right now. I do count myself lucky to have a job in this tough economic climate and I try not to be too ungrateful but it has really been dragging me down the last couple of weeks.

Lucky for me I have lots of good friends and family to see me through. And also I have my fabulous blogging friends some of who have really brought me little pieces of happy over the last few days.

Over the weekend I was busy catching up on a little bit of blog reading (as usual I'd fallen a bit behind) I hopped on over to Celia's place and was really delighted to spy in the picture of her workspace a little cross stitch that I made and sent last year.  I love making for other people and it made me silly happy to think of my little piece on display in Celia's home on the other side of the planet.  Thanks for bringing me a smile, Celia.

Shortly after my visit to Celia's place I went for a little wander over to Wildwood.  Imagine my delight when I read that I had inspired Janice to pick up crochet hook, what a thrill to know that the gorgeous pink granny squares that are being made over in wildwood came out of some of the nonsense I like to post here.  Thank you for making me jump up off the sofa and do a little joyful jig Janice.

And last but by no means least a huge thank you to the lovely Kate who sent me not one but two new cross stitch charts to keep me busy.  I don't have a picture right now as I've left my camera at home (I'm blogging from James' at the moment as I don't have an Internet connection at the new place yet), but I will starting one of the charts in the next couple of days so pictures to follow soon.  How fabulous to get home from work to find such a lovely gift in the mail, thanks for making my Friday afternoon wonderful, Kate.

And just because I don't like to post without a picture.  Here are a couple of other things that have been bringing me a little bit of happy.  Beautiful spring daffodils, bringing a little bit of sunshine indoors
And the knitting needles have been dusted off for a fun little Easter project which will hopefully take no time at all to complete.
I hope your week too is full of little bits of happy.

4 comments:

Jane said...

It's not nice when work is like that, but glad everything else is ok. I was bought some daffodils this weekend, and they certainly do brighten up the day

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Sorry to hear that your boss is so hard to please. I'm fortunate that I have a great boss. There's lots of stuff that goes on at school that I don't particularly like and if I could run the place, I'd change a lot of it, but I don't, so I have to make my peace. There are days when it's easier to deal with than others. I have so much work to do every single second of the day that I don't normally have much time to think about anything else. I haven't been cross-stitching lately but need to do something small shortly. I love giving little gifts, too. In fact, I'm meeting a friend for coffee Saturday who is moving back to India, so maybe I can whip up something quickly for her -- I always give her crochet, so something stitched would be a nice change. Glad to see you have inspired and have found a bit of happy in the every day. Best wishes, Tammy

Janice / Dancing with Sunflowers said...

Thank you for the inspiration Angela! It's always nice when we realise that something we did has made a difference to someone else. Actually, having not picked up a crochet hook for years, apart from just one time to make an edging for a herb sachet, I'm now thinking there's a pattern for a fisherman's sweater in crochet I'd like to try.... What HAVE you started?!!!

I hope things improve for you at work. And I hope our weather improves soon too. not much hope for the next few days though.... :(

Kate North said...

You are welcome! I know just what you mean about the happiness blogging friends can bring - I love being inspired by (and sometimes being the inspiration for) blogging friends to do things or make things.... I look forward to seeing you progress with the wildflowers - it will be fun to know we both have that cross-stitch cheering up our homes in future... Hope the work scene picks up soon.