Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Fun with frames

You might remember seeing in my snapshots post a couple of weeks ago this picture of one corner of my living room looking like a bomb had hit it.
After repainting the little box frame for the Kiss Me stitchery I came across some other frames that I thought I'd repurpose.  I had these three pictures that I purchased many moons ago for the first house I owned. 
And while the prints are cute they don't really fit anywhere in my new place and I'd really gone off the wooden frames.  When I was decorating my lounge I'd bought a few tester pots of various grey paints to try out on the walls, and figured these frames would be the perfect way to use up the rest of the paint thereby clearing a bit more clutter from the tool/decorating cupboard.
I love how they turned out.  Two have already been refilled with new art and are ready to be hung on the wall when I get round to it.  And seeing this photo has made me wonder whether one of the other unframed cross stitches I have might fit in to the third......I'll have to have a play when I get home from work later :)

1 comment:

Jane said...

I love those colours, perfect for fitting in with your new decor