Monday, January 05, 2015

Hello 2015

It's been almost a year since I regularly posted here.....not sure how so much time disappeared since my last proper post.

2014 was a bit of a strange year.  I feel like I spent most of it in limbo.  I put my flat up for sale and quickly got an offer but after many months the buyer pulled out at the last minute.  Meanwhile I'd moved out and in with James and most of my belongings went in to storage.   We've lived in a kind limbo for almost 6 months not being able to do much of anything as we needed the funds from my flat sale to help us move on.

The flat finally sold at the beginning of December, but not after that I fell ill with a nasty flu bug, which turned in turn brought with it a cold, a persistent cough and most recently a bout of tonsillitis.....I pretty much missed all of the Christmas and end of year celebrations and have spent a good portion of the last 4 weeks in bed or collapsed on the sofa with no energy or enthusiasm for anything.

Hopefully I'm coming out of the other side now, I would go as far as to say I am almost feeling human again.

If I can just shake off the remaining few germs there is no question that I will feel a good amount of giddy excitement thinking about the things that this year could have in store. It's likely we will be on the move again to a bigger house that can accommodate all of our things (most of mine are still in storage) location to be confirmed.  We have several lovely trips and weekend getaways planned.  And of course as always I have a million and one craft projects on the go.

I'm not setting any goals or resolutions this year, I'm just going to see what happens and where things take me.  And of course I'll try and visit here more often that I managed last year. 

I have no idea if anyone is still out there reading this but if there is anyone there well....... happy new year, brightest blessings and warmest wishes to you.  I hope 2015 brings you many joys. XX


2 comments:

Jane said...

Hope you'll be feeling better and can get on and enjoy your new adventures ahead

WendyCarole said...

Lovely to see a post from you. I hope you are feeling better than you did.

All the best for 2015